Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Housekeeping

I did not get the clean gene. I have a very hard time with the whole cleaning house stuff. I found a great book years ago called "Messies Anonymous" by Sandra Felton. Since then she has expanded and come up with many books, personally I wish I had never lent out my original copy, I felt it was the best.

My messiness is a source of stress to my hubby. Though he knew when he met me that I was not a good house keeper, I have great intentions, but just end up spinning my wheels. Like right now I should be cleaning, but I am here :o). My goal in this area is to get better, i know that being a "cleaning" (i.e. the perfectneverhaveanythingoutofplace house keeper) I will never be. But I do have lots of room for improvement.

My plan of attack: lists :o)

Daily stuff I need to do:
Wipe down bathroom counters & sinks
unload and load dishwasher
At least 1 load of laundry (washed, dried, AND folded, and put away)
vacuum
Keep desktop cleared
Dust (we have so much of it here in the desert)
Help Owen pick his room up before bed.

Ok now for the frieghtening truth. Before pictures: (to be added as soon as I take them and get them processed)

No comments: